Monday, June 17, 2013

Editing

Editing, Editing, Editing.

This is what I have been up to lately. Editing.

Do I like it? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It's a relationship that I have with my writing that I have a love/hate relationship.

Sometimes I find it tedious and boring whilst sometimes I love it, when I love it I get to fall in love all over again with my characters. I once put it out to cyber world whether people fell in love with characters in a book.
I was surprised to find a fifty/fifty split, and I guess it depends on the story and whether the characters are portrayed in a way for you to fall in love with them or hate them.

So at this moment I am editing the next in my Crystal Hart Series, "Stolen in Action". Re-reading it (editing) I get to mix and mingle with the characters again, and I enjoy it. I admit that I think my characters are great and yes perhaps a little bias in my perception. But I am enjoying it, there is a lot going on in the book with the most of the characters and most especially the main character Crystal.

Without giving too much away, I feel that she has grown as a person, or at least that is what I hope to project.

She is up against a tough situation and when we as a person push through those tough times we grow stronger more resiliant, if we learn the lesson.

So I look forward to getting this next in the series out there, and hopefully it is not too far away.

Til next time

Happy Reading
Valissa

No comments:

Post a Comment