Thursday, July 11, 2013

It's a little nerve wracking!

I'm not sure why.

I have been putting it off for a long time and I think it's because I really didn't know how to go about it.

Please let me explain.

For a while I have accumulated enough sales (which I must say thank you to you people out there for purchasing my books) to be entitled to payment. Woohoo!

The only thing is, without the proper paperwork Smashwords and Amazon wont pay. So I have been procrastinating for such a long time. Please don't ask me why. Because I can only come up with that I am chicken shit.
My nerves have been on edge for the last week as I finally said yep I am going to do this. I am going to get this ball rolling. For the last two nights I have said oh maybe in the morning I will call, maybe tomorrow night. But tonight, I did it and I feel elated.

I still have some forms that I need to fill in but I finally got the EIN that I needed to fill in those forms. (EIN) is similar to a taxfile number here in Australia from what I can gather.
I can barely keep up with what we need on a tax basis here in Aus, let alone over in America. (Oh I hope I have done the right thing).

But I spoke to a lovely lady who helped me as I fumbled my way along, and after ten minutes I have my number. Now to fill out the forms. :) Hopefully I won't procrastinate as long on those as I did with calling for the number.

Its almost two in the morning and I am as high as a kite on self jubilance that I did something that I had scared myself into a nervous wreck over, I am going to celebrate with a wine.
Cheers to me!

Til next time
Happy Reading,
Valissa

No comments:

Post a Comment